- Turkish Republic citizenship is required. U.S. citizens or Green Card holders cannot apply.
- University degree or graduation from a 4-year school is required.
- Applicants must not be older than 45 years old at the time of application deadline.
- Applicants should be proficient in both written and spoken English and should be able to have a minimum TOEFL Score of 71 (iBT), although exceptionally promising candidates with low scores (minimum 42 iBT) may be nominated for the fellowship on the condition that they take the Long-Term English Training before the program starts.
- Applicants should be young and mid-career professionals working at a governmental institution or a private sector or an NGO as administrators, specialists or planners who have a commitment to public service.
- Applicants should have a minimum of five years full-time professional experience (prior to August 2016) in the relevant field and should be interested in the policy aspect of their field of specialization.
- Applicants should not have lived in the U.S.A. for more than six months in the last five years prior to August 2016.
- Applicants should not have attended a graduate school in the U.S.A. for one academic year or more during the last seven years prior to August 2016.
- University teachers and academic researchers who have management responsibilities can apply. [Go to Overview]
- University teachers and academic researchers with no management responsibilities can only apply in the fields of Substance Abuse Education, Prevention, and Treatment and Teaching of English as a Foreign Language.
- Teachers who are not working at the university level cannot apply.
- A candidate who has never had a significant professional stay abroad is encouraged to apply.
- Application of qualified women is encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: For the 2016-2017 academic year Hubert H. Humphrey Program, applicants are required to prepare an “Application Package” and mail or deliver it to the Commission’s Ankara Head Office by 17:00 on Friday, August 21, 2015 at the latest.
Information provided here is only given for introductory purposes, for more detailed and up to date information, please visit the website of The Turkish Fulbright Commission on http://www.fulbright.org.tr/